City Tour by Bus + Kremlin and Armory
Key sights and elements:
Sightseeing tour of Moscow by minibus with 4-6 photo stops, Christ the Savior Cathedral, the University, the Observation Platform at the Sparrow Hills, the Victory Park, the Moscow City Skyscrapers, walking tour of Red Square, Alexander Gardens and tour of the Kremlin Grounds, including the Armoury Museum
Duration: 9 hours
Lunch break: yes
Lunch included: no
Walking distance: ca. 2.5km (ca. 1.5 miles)
Included: private tour guide full day, minivan or minibus rental h4 hours, admission to the Kremlin and the Armory
Not included: lunch
Other options that can be added to this tour:
- Guided tour inside St. Basil’s Cathedral
- The Diamond Fund of Russia visit
- Additional photo stops as mentioned below
The price of this program will depend on the number of guests in the group, children or adults, and options included. If you are interested in this tour, please contact Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile +7 926 5277725, directly or via WhatsApp for a quotation.
City Tour + Kremlin and Armory Package Detailed Description
This package private tour of Moscow is the most logical introduction to the city, as it includes all the essential sights. In the morning we will drive around the city in a comfortable Mercedes Viano minivan or Mercedes Sprinter minibus, and in the afternoon, after lunch, we will continue with the walking tour of Red Square, Alexander Garden and Kremlin Grounds, including the Armory Museum.
The tour starts at your hotel. Your private guide will greet you and take you around the historical part of Moscow and the newer, modern areas of the city in a roomy, comfortable minibus. Be sure you will have all the key photo stops, including:
- Patriarch’s Bridge, panoramic views of the Kremlin and Christ the Saviour Cathedral,
- New Maiden (Novodevichy) Convent Panorama
- Panorama of the Main Building of the Moscow University, and panoramic Moscow views from the Observation Platform at the Sparrow
- Hills, with all the seven Stalin Skyscrapers in full view
- A walk around the Victory Park and the 2nd World War Memorial, breath-taking panorama of the modern Moscow;
- Optional – a stop across the river for picture taking of the Moscow City Business District featuring twenty towers 300+ meters (1000 ft) high
- Optional – a photo stop opposite the White House of the Russian Government, the key venue in 1991 events that led to the collapse of the USSR;
- And, finally, we will arrive to Red Square, where the vehicle will be disengaged because the central Moscow is pedestrian-only area.
Before or after lunch, depending on your preferences, we will walk around Red Square. You will see all the key historical structures in Red Square, such as State History Museum, Church of our Lady of Kazan, St. Basil’s Cathedral and, of course, the elegant GUM shopping arcades. As an option for lunch on your own we suggest the Soviet themed Canteen 57 café, which recreates atmosphere of the Soviet Moscow back in the 1957, when the city held the 6th International Youth Festival. The café is self-service and serves authentic Russian-soviet cuisine.
In the afternoon, after lunch, we will walk through Alexander Gardens to the Kremlin gate, where we will tour the Kremlin Grounds and Cathedrals, and at 4.30pm we will enter the Armory Museum.